PUBLIC RELATIONS FACTS
As part of your files and resources, we recommend that you build a special collection of materials which will help support your public relations program. These materials can help with news media liaison, speaking engagements and other activities.
- Statistical figures concerning your company.
- Photography publications, books and other materials which provide an overall perspective on the industry.
- Color and black and white photographs of your activities.
- Reproductions of significant articles about the photography business which have appeared in publications.
- A log of radio, television coverage and speaking engagements.
- Biographical data on individuals with whom contacts are desired (major new business prospects, political figures, industry leaders).
- A publicity calendar for planning special events. Such a timetable should not conflict with holidays, competing or conflicting activities.
- Lists of possible public relations interrelationships with other photography businesses, organizations or community events.
- A log of materials available to help with interviews or special events.
- This reminds you where to find props, charts, maps, and other audio-visual aids which might be used by your speakers.
- A supply of brochures, reprinted articles, CDs, posters and other materials which might be helpful.